Thursday, October 4, 2007

Entrepreneur: Love What You Do

I honestly believe that the only way a person can be successful as a business person is to love what you do.

And you should already know deep down inside things that you're good at.

It doesn't have to be specific at first, but generally things that you're interested in. For example, I'm a very creative person, so I know I could do many things that provide creativity. Your interests in life do not have to be one specific thing.

When you love what you do you will put in time. And you will enjoy it a lot. Maybe not every minute of it, but overall yes, you will enjoy it because you're living life with passion.

If you really like something, then you will find a way to make it successful. The internal drive and determination is all it really takes to see something succeed.

It's daunting for many, no one to lead you, but you have to believe in yourself. I find inspiration in other people in similar fields. I look at their bios, or I try to communicate with them online, or I read some of their quotes on their philosophy. These things act as inspiration that yes, it can be done. I may not be doing exactly what they're doing, but if I can take something away from it, anything at all, then it has helped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's going to be hard, but I'm ready to become an entrepreneur. This is a great article because of that. I'm interested in buying an existing business. My problem is, though, that I don't know where to look for one on sale. Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

Hey Madison,
Have you checked out your local Chamber of Commerce? I'm sure they can help you find something.

I also highly suggest looking into BizTrader.com. It's a global marketplace where you can buy, sell, or invest in a business. It's a good place to buy a business online. There are a lot of businesses posted, and I'm sure you'll be able to find something you like on BizTrader.com. Check it out and good luck!